Try these ideas for finding work experience opportunities:
- Tell everyone you know that you’re looking for work experience in your trade. You never know who might be able to help, and if an employer knows someone who knows you, they’ll be more likely to take you on.
- If you know anyone who works in your trade, ask if they or their employer have any work experience opportunities.
- MPTT has contacts throughout the trades industry, so ask your MPTT Navigator if they know of any work experience opportunities.
- Try asking an employer directly. Let them know you like their company and would love to offer your skills. It takes guts to introduce yourself to an employer, but it shows you have get-up-and-go and can really help you stand out. Even if they say ‘no’, they’ll appreciate your confidence and might suggest other employers for you to approach.
- Read our blog to find out the best way to get some trades experience under your belt while you are studying, to help you land the job you want later.