There are huge benefits to doing work experience if you’re just starting out in the trades:
- It’ll help you get a foot in the door because it’s much less risky for an employer to take you on for work experience than to offer you a job contract.
- You’ll get to use the skills you’ve learned in the classroom, and you’ll learn heaps about life on the job.
- You’ll get a trade job to add to your CV.
- You can ask for a reference, for when you apply for a job later.
- It’s a lot easier to get a job once you have some experience in your trade.
- Once the employer gets to know you and sees you’re a hard worker, they might be keen to offer you paid work.