An important part of learning your trade is knowing how to stay safe on the job. To show you can work safely on-site, you’ll need what’s called a Site Safe card. Most employers require you to get this card before you start work.

To get your card, you’ll need to complete a short course. These are offered by your course provider during the year. The information you’ll learn depends on your trade, so your Site Safe course will be tailored to what you’ll come across on the job.

Your tutor will know the date of your course, so make sure that you attend. If you missed out, your MPTT Navigator can help you find the right course for you and sort out when and where the next course is happening.